Operation Alexandria was a mission done by the four seventh year Ravenclaw boys, in secret from the rest of Dumbledore's Army (including Neville). The four boys took many rare books from the Restricted Section made copies of them, replaced the copies on the shelves where the books belonged and hid the real books. This was in case something happened to the library. Only the boys could access the chamber they hid it in and it would take two of the boys to willingly give their blood, and smear it on the wall the chamber was hidden behind, to open it. Snape caught them while they were in the library but the obliviated him.
At their ten year reunion Anthony, the only surviving seventh year Ravenclaw boy, finally told them about the mission.
- The collected works of D'Aurillac
- The collected works of Paracelsus
- The collected works of Flamel
- Artes Magicae
- Golden Legend
- Dialogus Miraculorum
- Merlin's "Opus Malificarum"
- Dumbledore's Diaries
- Bene legere saecla vincere is a Latin motto meaning "To read well is to master the ages"
- Bis interimitur qui suis armis perit is a Latin phrase meaning "He is doubly destroyed who perishes by his own arms"
- Nous sommes tres morts is French, meaning "We are very dead"
- Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare is a Latin phrase, attributed to Cicero, meaning "Any man can make a mistake, only a fool keeps making the same one"